Saturday 6 August 2016

Preposition

The Preposition 


A Preposition is a word which is placed before a Noun or a Pronoun to show its relation to some other words in a sentences ;as,

1. The glass is full of milk.
2. I depend on you for help.
3. Please be kind to him.

Words followed by Prepositions

1. Sudhir is absent from school today
2.  He acted upon my advice.
3. The boy is afraid of  his teachers .
4. I do not agree to it.
5. The hunter aimed at the dove .
6. He is angry with his brother.
7. We arrived at the railway station.
8. I asked for leave .
9. Attend to me , please .
10. This book belongs to me.
11. She is blind of one eye.
12. Rajiv is born of rich parents .
13. They are busy with their parents.
14. Take care of your health .
15. He does not care of your health.
16. I congratulate you on your success.
17. This book consists of 100 pages.
18. The farmer is cruel to his wife .
19. The teacher has no control over the class.
20. Everybody desires for wealth .
21. Neelam has taste for music .
22. Sarvesh comes of a noble family.
23. The meeting will come off tomorrow.
24. I called on you yesterday .
25. I called at his house last night.
26. She complains of pain in her arm.
27. John died of fever .
28. I differ with you.
29. My father deals in tea.
30. Cows feed on grass.
31. Priya invited her friends to dinner.
32. I enquired after her health .
33. Do not laugh at the poor.
34. You should pray to God daily.
35. She is suffering from fever.
36. This chair is different from that.
37. Surjeet is fond of mangoes .
38. I am pleased with you .
39. Please open your book at page 40.
40. Come and sit by me.
41. The box is made of wood  .
42. The man jumped into the well.
43. Ahmed is sure of his success.
44. He is hard of hearing .
45. The house was on fire .
46. A pen is to write with.
47. Always work with a will.
48. Trust in God and do the right .
49. Let us go on foot.
50. I am sorry for the delay.

Exercise 1 :

Fill in the blanks with suitable Prepositions :

1. We listened .....the teacher.
2. I called .....her this morning .
3. They congratulated me ......my success.
4. Ram was married .....Sita.
5. Radha is suffering .....fever.
6. Sonu is born .....rich parents.
7. The dog is faithful ....man.
8. She is proud .....her beauty .
9. God is kind .....all.
10. We are not afraid .....death.

No comments:

Post a Comment