Saturday 30 July 2016

What is synthesis of complex sentence


SYNTHESIS OF COMPLEX

SENTENCE


Synthesis of complex sentence is the combination of a number of Simple Sentences into one Complex Sentence.
Simple sentences are formed by using a Part of Speech or a phrase.
Compound sentences are formed by with the help of Coordinating Conjunctions .
Complex sentence are formed by using Subordinating Conjuctions ,Relative pronouns or Adverbs,Interrogative Pronouns or Adverbs .
We have already learned the synthesis of simple and compound  sentence  in our previous post,"Synthesis of Simple Sentence" and "Synthesis of Compound Sentence."
Here we study the synthesis of Complex Sentence.

Complex Sentence

 

Synthesis of complex sentence

Combination of a number of Simple Sentence into a single Complex Sentence:
synthesis of complex sentences

1) By the use of a Noun Clause:

a) He may be innocent. I do not know.
I do not know if he is innocent.
b) I did not go to the meeting . I was lucky.
It was lucky that I did not go to the meeting .
c) They do not like each other . I do not know the reason.
I do not know the reason why they do not like each other.

2) By the use of an Adjective Clause:


a) She rode on her horse. It flew like the wind .
She rode on her horse which flew like the wind.
b) The dog has died. It bit the boy .
The dog that bit the boy has died.
c) There were six blind men. They went to see an elephant. The elephant was very big.
There were six blind men who went to see an elephant which was very big.

3) By the use of Adverb Clause:

a) He worked hard day and night. He did not wish to fail.
He worked hard day and night ,lest he should fail.
b) The problem was difficult. I could not solve it.
The problem was so difficult that I could not solve it.
c) He saw me. He ran away.
As soon as he saw me he ran away .


Want to become a Tech Geek?  Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment